February 2023 Virtual Book Festival
Continuing Our Commitment to
Keep the Written Word Sacred and Accessible...
We're doing it again!
In Support of Indie & Small Press Authors All Over The World, We're Hosting a Virtual Book Festival!
All Indie Authors and Small Press Authors, of every genre*, everywhere in the world, are welcome to participate. We will host Live Author Readings, Interviews, Games, Contests and Giveaways Every Night in February on Zoom and Social Media, with replays on the Indie Reads Aloud podcast and YourTube channel.
All fees are non-refundable, unless the Festival is cancelled by Pages Promotions. Please read the tiny print below, and reach out to Diana@PagesPromotions.com with questions.
Our goal is to create a strong community for Indie Authors and the people who read them. We want to bring like-minded souls together to celebrate the written word as sacred, no matter the content. We want to support writers in their passion for the craft, and to demonstrate to others that books can be far more entertaining than the screen… most of the time.
AUTHORS PLEASE NOTE:
The 2023 Winter Virtual Book Festival Registration is a TWO STEP PROCESS. After completing each step, please return to finish the process. Authors who do not complete BOTH steps will not be registered for the Festival.
Space is limited, due to time restrictions.
Early reservations will be given priority.
*Due to the expectations of Family-Friendly readings, discussions, and book covers, books in the Erotica genre will not be accepted into this event.
- This is a Virtual Book Festival, with components broadcast and promoted on Facebook, Instagram, Anchor.fm, Spotify, and Zoom, with the goal to promote Indie and Small Press Books and Authors ONLY, Trad authors have their own marketing venues. Indie Authors are defined as either Hybrid or Self-Published Authors. A Small Press is defined as a publishing house that publishes fewer than 50 titles per year.
- The date for this Virtual Book Festival is February, 2023. The Festival will run the entire month of February, a full 28 days. Authors of all genres, except erotica, are invited to join the Festival, no matter their Country, Providence, or State of residence.
- All Live Zoom events are held in USA Eastern Time. Authors and Readers may participate from ANYWHERE in the world.
- There is a required author participation Fee of $25 (early bird) or $50 (last minute), plus at least one signed copy of a book written by the author, in print format. Once the Fee (Step One) and Registration Form (Step Two) have been received, the author's name will be added to the Facebook and Instagram 'Participating Author Notification', and this will serve as validation of the author's participation in the Virtual Book Festival.
- All fees are non-refundable, even in the instance of an author's expulsion from the Festival due to non-compliance of the Rules of Participation, unless the event is cancelled by Pages Promotions. In such a case, refunds will be sent to authors within 30 days of the date of cancellation
- A fee is not required for Readers and Visitors to attend the Festival; except in the case of the Creative Writing or Mentoring Workshops, which have a $10 entry fee. This fee is also non-refundable.
- All attendees, including participating authors, must pre-register at least 15 minutes prior to any Zoom event start time to be included in any live event giveaways. Late comers will not be eligible for giveaways, and late comer fees will not be refunded.
- We must have a minimum of ten (10) authors registered to participate by the Last Minute deadline date, or the Festival will be cancelled. In the event of a cancellation, fees will be refunded (less PayPal processing fees) within 30 days of the date of cancellation. If the Festival is cancelled, authors will be notified with a posting to our Facebook page, and via email.
- Readers and Visitors are not required to purchase books to attend and enjoy the Festival... but authors would love the support!
- Participating Authors may reside anywhere in the world. Authors are responsible for shipping donated books used as Give Away Prizes to the event winners at their own expense, by the required deadline of March 30, 2023. We don't know what the mail service will look like in 2023... so PLAN AHEAD!
- Indie Authors and their families ARE eligible to receive randomly drawn prizes.
- Readers/Visitors may reside anywhere in the world, however, prize winners must provide a United States shipping address. Prizes will not be shipped to addresses outside of the United States or Canada.
- For shipping purposes, all fifty states, including Alaska and Hawaii, are considered within the United States. United States Territories are considered to be locations outside of the United States.
- Prize winners will be announced on Facebook and Instagram, as contests occur. Winners must acknowledge their win and send their shipping address in an email to Diana@PagesPromotions.com in order to collect their prizes.
- Prizes will be shipped to winners no later than March 30, 2023.
- All participating Authors and Readers who attend Zoom events acknowledge that their names and/or still and video images and voice may be used during the replay of the event to the Indie Reads podcast on Anchor.fm, Spotify, and YouTube channel.
- All audio and video replays remain the property of Pages Promotions, LLC and may not be shared, imbedded, or reproduced without written permission.